What’s the best way to talk about a hot dog?
Just be frank.
Did I just start this blog off with a dad joke?
Yes, yes I did! (I gotta tell my kids that one)
Frank or Weiner was what the first hot dogs were called when they were first invented. And nobody knows why everyone started calling them hot dogs but I have to say the name is not as catchy as wiener.
Especially after throwing back a couple cold ones on the 4th of July, which is the time of year the most hot dogs are consumed and sold.
The big question I have for you is, how do you like your hot dog?
Stovetop, Grilled, Microwaved, Roasted?
With mustard, ketchup, onions, mayo, relish, coleslaw, cheese, chili, sauerkraut?
My mom used to boil them back in the day so my favorite way is just wet and slimy with the ends busted out on a piece of sandwich bread with some ketchup.
In 2018 my neighbor was dared to swallow a gas station hot dog whole and he swore the next day he pooped it out whole too. Not sure if that’s true, but if it is, it’s a fun hot dog fact!
Speaking of hot dog facts, I’ve compiled a list of 10 fun hot dog facts for you guys.
Facts about Hot Dogs:
“Hot dogs are meant to be enjoyed -- not weaponized." This fun fact is was ESPNs quote of the year from the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council when they reacted to a fan throwing a hot dog at Tiger Woods during a golfing event.
Hot Dogs have been sent to space and were one of the first foods consumed on the moon.
74 hot dogs were consumed in 10 minutes in a competitive eating competition.
Consumers buy over $3 million dollars for hot dogs each year.
Hot Dogs were first sold at baseball games in 1893.
The hot dog bun was invented in 1904.
The world’s longest hot dog was 668 feet long which is enough to cover two football fields.
The first coney island hot dog stand was opened in 1871.
7-Eleven sells the most grilled hot dogs in North America — 100 million annually.
President Franklin D. Roosevelt served hot dogs to King George and Queen Elizabeth. The king ate two
Bonus fact #11:
Rock City Outfitters has a brand new hot dog shirt and it is July’s shirt of the month.
What is shirt of the month? It is a shirt subscription box.
The Rock City Shirt of the Month Club will bring you a brand new design every single month with free shipping and only for a measly $19.95.
That's less than a water at Starbucks!
The common folk not part of this most awesome club will pay $30 + $4 in shipping.
Plus, you will also be getting an awesome Arkansas Flag tee FREE when you sign up!
So doing the math...cross multiply and carry the one; from all that you save, you will be able to make 3 extra mortgage payments a year when you join this subscription!
(my prude of a lawyer says I must say "Just Kidding" after this statement.)
So in a nutshell here is how it works.
- Upon sign up your card will be charged and we will send you out that month's Awesome new design along with a FREE Arkansas Flag tee.
- After your first purchase, your credit card will then be charged on the 1st of every month (till you tell it not to) and we will send out that months awesome brand new designed tee between the 1st and the 5th of the month.
- If you sign up on the 25th through the end of the month, you will still get that month's awesome tee (along with your free Arkansas Flag tee) but we will ship your products out with the next months newly designed tee which you will be charged for on the 1st of that next month.
- There is only a 2 month commitment and you can cancel or pause your subscription anytime after that. (but seriously, why would you want to?)
- The new designs will be carefully created and usually have to do with Arkansas or a particular holiday coming up. They will be classy enough that you can wear them to work, church, or court hearings.
To See More in depth FAQs about our shirt of the month subscription box Click HERE
To order our Hot Dog Shirt for regular price click HERE.
Share this post
- 22 comments
- Tags: arkansas shirt, arkansas shirt retailer, Arkansas tshirt, conway arkansas boutique, downtown conway clothing store, hot dog facts, national hot dog day, shirt of the month box, shirt subscription box, top 10 facts about hot dogs